Saturday, April 18, 2015

Dreamfactory + Oracle

Hello again

I have been struggling to get Oracle connectivity going from my Bitnami Ubuntu Dreamfactory image.

The instructions at http://blog.dreamfactory.com/how-to-access-your-oracle-database-from-dreamfactory did not work for me.

After following the instructions,

php -m

would not find .so files even though I had made the change in setenv.sh script file.

So, here is what I did to get php to load oci8.so without any errors.

As of Dreamfactory 1.9, you need the 11.1 Oracle client.
The file I downloaded was basic-11.1.0.70-linux-x86_64.zip.
I could not get the rpm file to work.  The conversion of rpm to a deb file using alien did not get the desired results - for apache to load the oci8 extension for PHP.  Did not work for me.

I downloaded the .zip file from Oracle, unzipped them into a temporary folder and moved all the .so files that apache would report as not found into /usr/lib.

Now, php -m command lists out all the modules it loaded.

Next step is to connect to an Oracle database.  Will update.

Cheers

Iyer

No comments:

Post a Comment